Saturday, April 4, 2009

Queen Bee - Bold & Buzzworthy




Newport Beach, Orange County Boutique Pique
By: April Madigan @ Boutiquing

My 11 month old son had the pleasure of joining me in my latest excursion to The Queen Bee Boutique in Newport Beach. Let me tell you, we were both like kids in a candy store. The minute we walked through the front door, we were both transfixed by the incredible mural of black and white faces covering the walls. It is truly something you must see in person. This boutique is a beautiful cross between Alice in Wonderland and an optical illusion by Escher.

+ =

See what I mean??? This place is unbelievably unique. The first thing (of many) that caught my eye, was a gorgeous display of fedoras and headbands. I seriously had to stop myself from trying ALL of them on. I was also impressed by the unique collection of designers in this boutique. There are amazing dresses from Anne Leman, silk tie dye shifts from Rory Beca, party girl pieces by La Rok, and a great array of denim by Alexander McQueen's line McQ. Also incredibly alluring, is the giant glass case of jewelry - I know - GLASS BAD...fell in love...should have walked away...didn't...ahhhh. The designer that found me was Pade Vavra - try on her amazing panther bracelet and tell me you don't feel a bit like Rachel Zoe.

I absolutely loved shopping in this jewel box of a boutique, and truly the best part was Jeremy, the knowledgeable, engaging, and creative shopguy working when I was in. It is obvious he loves fashion, and was able to tell me a complete background of all the designers I inquired about...that is rare and wonderful!

Another little bonus that did not go unnoticed - Queen Bee carries up to a size 10, not your typical boutique size run, and you just have to try something on there - the dressing rooms are quite a highlight! When the closet is in need of something totally unique and conversation starting, flit on over to Queen Bee, they will have the item with the "it" factor.

Queen Bee
1617 Westcliff Drive Suite 103
Newport Beach, CA 92661
949.515.0233

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Become a Fan on FACEBOOK
Follow Us on TWITTER
Stay Up-to-Date, get Boutiquing in YOUR INBOX

Copyright 2009 Boutiquing.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without prior written consent.


No comments:

Post a Comment