Wednesday, April 1, 2009

goat. - Greatest Of All Things

Review by: April
My first encounter with this splendidly fashion forward boutique was at the Blue Dot Boutique Sale last year. When I saw their goat mascot (wearing a jaunty scarf) I knew this boutique had character. They describe themselves as taking the "subtle approach...just off the beaten path..." and although they are just off Newport Blvd. situated halfway atop "Goat Hill", they are not so hard to find if you know what you are looking for...and you know we boutiquers always do:)

I truly love the way this boutique is designed. The lines are clean, and the focus is on the clothes. I walked in and was greeted by friendly and chic (yet approachable), Matthew (seen here as a model for Yassai 7), who quickly gave me the rundown of the store's large floor plan. I instantly knew I had to look at every single thing in this store - my nostalgia for New York shopping getting a serious run for it's money. I was delighted to find the perfect mix of totally cutting edge Alexander Wang hanging next to the shockingly wearable line Elizabeth and James (by Mary Kate and Ashley if you didn't already know). Their selection of Acne jeans cannot be beat (in fact they have an exclusive!), and the way the store is merchandised, I was completely inspired to put together unique looks from their racks. 

For those of you who have not had the pleasure of visiting this boutique, there is a great opportunity May 14th.  They will be unveiling their first "pop up" boutique within the store.  They are featuring Ever, and trust me, you will be blown away.  Also in store that day will be a trunk show featuring jewelry by Cleeo Collection - pretty tempting, right?  

While I was in the store and chatting away, they also let me know that their NEW website just launched - www.goatboutique.com - it reflects the vibe in the store in the most perfect way.

goat.
186 E. 16th Street
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
949.645.1111

Hours:
Mon-Fri 10-6
Sat 11-6
Closed Sunday




No comments:

Post a Comment