Monday, April 13, 2009

UNA - Beach Street Chic

Review by: April
There is a palpable difference in the energy between the beach cities of Laguna and Newport. Laguna is bohemian, Newport is luxury. Well, little Corona Del Mar is the middle man, still casual like Laguna, but with a more expensive bag:) When I picture myself wandering the little shops of a beach town like Corona Del Mar, I am a vision in relaxed linen and cotton, with a perfect little featherweight cashmere wrap just waiting to be thrown on at the slightest ocean breeze. Walking into Una in Corona Del Mar Plaza I was able to make this image a reality. This boutique is what I can only describe as beachy with polish. Nothing is overly detailed, everything feels amazing, and all of it would make me look beach street chic.

Some of the highlights of Una include, pieces by aude and Splendid, denim by Genetic, William Rast (click here to see Justin Timberlake talking about the line on Oprah), and Raven, and the most impressive display of simple circle jewelry by Charlene K ever seen by my boutiquing eyes. There are numerous options for that transition from sand to shops, and the vibe is so clean and relaxing, shopping at Una felt like a mini boutiquing spa experience!

Another highlight of this serene shop, most of the designers they carry subscribe to a simple 1,2, 3, or 4 way of sizing. Who doesn't love calling over the dressing room door, excuse me may I have this in a 2? Hey, I know it's still a Medium, but as long as you are in my beachy fantasy - let a girl dream:)

Una
Corona Del Mar Plaza
938 Avocado Ave
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949.760.0866

Monday - Friday: 10am - 7pm
Saturday: 10am- 8pm
Sunday: 11am - 6pm




2 comments:

  1. Great video with Justin Timberlake. How cool the company is named after their grandpas...awwwwwww

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. I think I've died and gone to heaven. I think this place should be called "Andrea".

    ReplyDelete