Thursday, March 12, 2009

Muse

Review by: April
I must admit I have long admired the creative window displays of this quintessentially Laguna Beach boutique. When I drive by I am instantly tempted to park and walk in. Muse perfectly marries California beach girl with flirty romantic pieces that are begging to be worn to any sunset happy hour with an ocean view. In the past I felt their collection had been on the pricey side for what it was, but something has changed in this place, and you do not want to miss it. They are carrying gorgeous pieces by Corey Lynn Calter,
 
unique (as in I had to look at who made it and was surprised) pieces by T-bags and the seriously under hyped line Hype. And their prices seem to have followed the economic trend...DOWN:)

As impressive as the clothing is here, I was caught by surprise when I found the ENTIRE line of Ebba fragrances hanging out on a shelf in the back of the store...holy goldmine!! I have been a Miss Marissa devotee for years, and this is not an easy little perfume to find. I have to say, sampling all of the perfumes and talking with their incredibly knowledgeable and "perfume passionista" salesgirl, I fell in love with Miss Marissa Nuit. If you have not tried this adorable, feel like a grown up version of your little girl self, perfume - get thee to Muse and find your signature scent!

Just a bit of boutiquing wisdom...hit the second room of this large boutique first. There are deals to be had back there. Typically boutique sale racks can be pretty picked over, but Muse seems to have their sale turnover under control. I found great pieces for a fraction of the retail price.

Muse
300 Forest Avenue
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
949.497.7026

1 comment:

  1. This is my go-to store for fun dresses that i am willing to spend some hard earned change. they went through a weird stage a short while ago where their buyer was either on vacation or not getting enough sleep because the quality of stuff sank - but they are back and i love them. **sigh**

    ReplyDelete