Thursday, August 13, 2009

SKYE MONTGOMERY - Limitless Style for Him & Her


Skye Montgomery Corona Del Mar, Orange County Boutique Pique
By: April Madigan @ Boutiquing

In this economy (BTW - my 3 least favorite words) it is rare to see a new business throwing open it's doors and squashing the notion that survival mode is the new black. My latest boutiquing stop placed me on the fancy doorstep of one of these contradictions. Skye Montgomery opened it's gleaming and gorgeous doors to the Corona Del Mar neighborhood last week, apparently unphased by local business downsizing. Thank the Boutiquing Gods for this decision (and a BIG thanks to the owners as they probably had more to do with it).

Graphic black and white flowers paper the walls and balance the clean and simple clothing hanging below. Separated into three rooms, Skye Mongomery creates that feeling of thrilling discovery I crave when entering a boutique for the first time. Skye Montgomery is a beautiful showcase of a boutique with decked out decor and designers galore. I nearly did a flip when I was happily greeted by a familiar face, my favorite shopgirl in Orange County, Brittany! She made the move to Skye Montomery, and trust me, her customer service and knowledge of the fit of every item, paired with her down to earth personality and positive demeanor will make you love her too.

I was led on a guided journey through the luxurious landscape of this breathtaking boutique. The first room of upscale basics was a thrill to see. My style challenge lies not in the dressed to kill category, rather in the dressed to chill category. I never seem to have the right pieces for that effortless laid back Southern California look. My quest for that wardrobe was laid to rest in the front room of Skye Montgomery. Among every cut and wash of Seven for All Mankind Jeans and my personal go to James Jeans, hang cuddly soft cashmere wraps by White+Warren (click here to watch their video on how to wear it 5 different ways...my fave is #3) in every flattering shade - the most versatile purchase ever! My annual fall jacket collecting started early this year, with the discovery of the most flattering cropped coat by Priorities, perfectly cut to wear with EVERYTHING!

A turn around the corner landed me smack dab in the lap of luxury. Dresses of silk and satin line the pristine walls and are interspersed with trousers and blouses perfect for any Monday morning meeting. I scurried to the fab fitting room and slithered into a chic tunic style showstopper by Single...STUNNING! Of course on my way to try on I stopped to admire the most intricate braided chain bracelet by Elizabeth Cole...I loved it so much I tried it on twice!

Possibly the most exciting thing about the arrival of this new boutique is the section dedicated to the men. Dapper design serves as quite the perfect backdrop for understated and unflappable shirts by Howe and Bakel, and a stellar collection of Seven Jeans for men that even the most conservative executive could sport on a casual Friday.

Filling this boutique with flattering fashion (and a run of sizes that is unrivaled...2-12), Skye Montgomery has landed in the right place at the right time. Nailing that perfect mix between fab-casual and subtly sexy, any woman or man who wants to be noticed for their sky high style should be flying over to this flawless breath of fresh fashionable air.

Skye Montgomery
3800 Suite B, East Coast Highway
Corona Del Mar, CA 92625
949.729.3900

Hours:
Mon-Sat
10-7
Sunday
11-4

See Skye Montgomery on Good Day LA's Style File!

No comments:

Post a Comment