Monday, June 8, 2009

Review: The Road Less Traveled Boutique - Santa Ana

The Road Less Traveled - Where it is Easy to Be Green

Review by: April

Okay, I know what you are thinking...green, green, everywhere...green. Well, The Road Less Traveled boutique will certainly change your "over it" attitude about the green scene. I expected to find burlap reusable bags and organic yoga wear swimming in the scent of patchouli. What I discovered, was Eco chic local lines that would grab my undivided attention in the most high end Orange County boutique. Entering this cheery and homey boutique, it's colorful visuals and nature inspired displays instantly reminded me of the best Anthropologie window displays all in one place. From handmade yarn work dangling from the ceiling, re purposed paper branches shooting up from the ground, and silly yet inspiring handmade works of craft waiting to be noticed at every turn.

The owner, Delilah, greeted us with a genuine warmth, welcoming us to explore uninterrupted and, when asked, offered great enthusiasm and knowledge for her undiscovered local lines, as well as her dedication to environmental education. I literally stopped in my tracks at the sight of a piece of kale dipped in bronze like a preserved baby shoe, and daintily dazzling on a gold chain...who knew a veggie could be worn out to dinner? The Road Less Travelled carries everything from Eco-friendly paint, mattresses, and children's toys, to books, handmade journals and cards, organic spa robes, and an enviable collection of locally designed jewelry. Helps that the adjoining storefront is a craft workshop, run by Delilah's niece, Nicole, called the CRAFT kitchen and offering craft classes and craft kits, as well as her genius line, Random Nicole. Her tees for kids are ridiculously cute, and I also HAD to have one of her handmade notebooks...complete with a "tweety" bird...so perfect!

My favorite fashion find was by Escama Studios...a swanky silver clutch created completely out of soda can "pop tops", I can't wait to show it off! I also fell in love with a local soap line, Goodnight Moon, their lavender soap smells so great, I can't bring myself to take it out of my car...a whiff of relaxing lavender is all I need when the kids are pushing those buttons:) Please don't let the "Eco" part of this chic boutique throw you for a loop...this is a must see boutique...and make sure you check out their events, they host everything from the Patchwork Indie Art and Craft Show to natural childbirth classes and bicycle repair...dedicated, down to earth, and definitely deserving of your dollars!

The Road Less Traveled
2204 N. Main St.
Santa Ana, CA 92706
949.836.8727

Hours:
Tues. - Sat.
10-6
Sunday
12-5
Monday
by appt. only



No comments:

Post a Comment