Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Amelie Boutique- Lucky Finds for Inspiring Style


Claremont,
Orange County
Boutique Pique
By: April Madigan @ Boutiquing

The charming town of Claremont evokes that small town feeling a girl craves right here in California. Only 45 minutes from the beach towns, I decided to head out on a crisp first day of fall and see what kind of boutiquing trouble I could get into. Let's just say...it didn't take long for my boutiquing radar to steer me into splendid shop after shop. On the particulary adorable Yale Avenue, Amelie awaited my arrival with open doors and inspiring style. A glimpse of the geniously styled mannequin in the entry and I literally swooned.

This perfectly sized boutique breathed new life into my brand awareness, offering lines I have somehow been living without. The vibe is totally off the pages of Lucky magazine, with that illicit "cool factor" that I strive to find. My first love, a perfectly cut "leatherette" motorcycle jacket by Ryu, I was in love with the fit and style and then I turned over the price, just $107! I also adored everything from the new to me line, Modern Amusement. The blend of boyfriend chic and gossip girl sweet is perfection. Another line to watch and covet - Prodigal Daughter. As I fell for each of the perfectly understated pieces I marveled at the fact that I never seen this designer. Turns out the line was created by Claremont's very own Joni Frazier. Her reversible tank was highlighted in September's In Style Magazine and her designs are simple yet somehow jump off the rack with their originality.

Do not miss Amelie's accessories, the vast collection of Virgins Saints and Angels and the addition of House of Harlow teamed with some of the most unique bags, shoes and belts I have seen make the best additions to every outfit. My experience was further enhanced by the sweet and helpful shop girls and I even had the pleasure of meeting and talking shop with Amelie's chic owner. Her passion for the clothes and experience finding up and coming lines will certainly keep her loyal customers (one of which is certainly me) on the cutting edge.


A bit of boutiquing wisdom: Take a trip to Claremont on October 24th for the Village Venture. The streets will be closed to traffic and a street fair will line the small town. Amelie will be rolling out the red carpet and doing great giveaways all day long!

Amelie
132 Yale Ave.
Claremont, CA 91711
909.624.5651

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Become a Fan on FACEBOOK
Follow Us on TWITTER
Stay Up-to-Date, get Boutiquing in YOUR INBOX

Copyright 2009 Boutiquing.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without prior written consent.

No comments:

Post a Comment