Friday, May 15, 2009

Lola Rouge - Sparkles & Sass on 17th


Costa Mesa Boutique Pique
By: Erin Hall @ Boutiquing

Bright cherry red walls and white glitter tiled floor ...need I say more? Lola Rouge, on 17th Street - the "Mini Melrose" of OC, felt like walking into a life size Tarina Tarantino jewelry box, sparkles, bows, bold and bright, this boutique has summer's color palette nailed! Kelly green gem tones, juicy shades of cantaloupe, gorgeous tints of grape and kiss me now pinks lined the racks of the open and spacious Lola Rouge.

I must say, I was a little shocked to turn over a lot of the price tags at Lola Rouge....gasp...Only $48?...Only $68? Am I in the right place?? I was expecting to see higher designer prices (apparently the Fashion Island store in Newport is the higher priced boutique - that's the one I remember). I can't lie, I felt a rush of giddyness when I realized the "pleasing to any pocket book" prices. Floral tops from Ventti, beachy basics and casual cover-ups from Gili, Lucca Couture and JUST jeans were a few of the adorable and inexpensive lines.

My personal favorite piece at Lola Rouge was a radiant yellow tube top from Karina Grimaldi accented perfectly with a dangling peacock feather, perfect for any summer party. I also took a keen liking to Mara Hoffman, the world travel and fantasy inspired tunic tops, wrap dresses and silk jersey knits still linger in my mind. Lola Rouge carries an impressive variety of Ella Moss and a wide selection of denim including Rock and Republic, J Brand and Frankie B.

Need accessories? Here you go...Feather headbands, chunky gold & silver chain necklaces, crystal beaded bracelets, metallic clutches, patent leather boho bags, tie dye scarves and charmed hoop earrings... and lots of them! I think it's safe to say you won't find a larger selection of Tarina Tarantino pieces anywhere in Orange County, the boutique has styles I've never seen before. An added bonus during these tough times, Lola Rouge has one of the largest SALE sections I've seen in a while, it's an entire room full of great deals.

Lola Rouge
270 E. 17th St. Suite 4
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
949.646.5652

Copyright 2009 Boutiquing.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without prior written consent

No comments:

Post a Comment