Thursday, February 26, 2009

Show Me The Money... or Some New Clothes

Is your closet full of clothes but you have nothing to wear? What's a girl to do in today's economy?! Ever thought of cleaning out the closest and dropping it off at an upscale consignment boutique? For those of you who haven't, I'm about to be your best friend just for mentioning it.

I got turned onto Twice the Style in Costa Mesa a few years ago and now several of my girlfriends are avid consigners. Not only do I love shopping at this most adorable boutique (I know, it kind of defeats the purpose, but I consider it free shopping and you get amazing deals on designer pieces) I love returning for money even more! My measure for success is determined by my ability to walk out with "the green" and I don't even remember what I dropped off.

Do your clothes have to be designer? No. But theses upscale boutiques are selective and they are looking for seasonal, trendy, brand name pieces in good condition.

Bonus:
Many of the boutiques donate portions of their profits to different non-profit organizations dedicated to helping women. Check out www.repeatboutique.org

Experience Speaking:
Wash and iron all your pieces before showing up at the boutique. Keep all items possible on hangers because they show better and look less like a old pile ready to be dropped off at Goodwill. Different boutiques have different policies for receiving merchandise so call ahead to see if they require an appointment.

I'd love to hear about your experience...even better, tell me what you bought with the money you made!

Bellissima Couture Resale Boutique

2850 E Coast Hwy
Corona Del Mar, CA 92625
949.718.0476

Chez Elle Resale Boutique
3601 Jamboree Rd Ste 7
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949.757.1555

Lilies & Lilacs Designer Consignment Boutique
22342 El Paseo Suite H Rancho
Santa Margarita, CA 92688
949.713.6380

Repeat Boutique
370 E 17th St Ste F
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
949.548.9927

Twice The Style
369 E 17TH
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
949.642.1844
www.2xstyle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment